I am an artist and a teacher. I received a BFA with a Major in Painting from the University of Michigan in 1971. I have enjoyed working mostly in watercolor and sculpture, especially hot glass. Molten glass is the medium which enabled me to combine aspects of both watercolor and sculpture, as well as a third and endlessly intriguing element: the play of light. I developed a line of paperweight sculptures called "Little Worlds® ," which have found their way into collections the world over, including the White House. I retired from glass art in 2000 to focus on my enthusiasm for the healing arts, and to deepen my knowledge as a Health Coach.
My Health Coach Training
I received my training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition's cutting-edge Health Coach Training Program, where I learned more than 100 dietary theories, a variety of practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods. My professors include some of the world's top health and wellness experts:
- Dr. Deepak Chopra, MD, lecturer, best-selling author, and Fellow of the American College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Dr. Andrew Weil, MD, Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona.
- Dr. David Katz, MD, Director of Yale University's Prevention Research Center.
- Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, MD, neurosurgeon and developer of the Gut and Psychology Syndrome diet.
- Dr. Walter Willett, MD, Chair of Nutrition at Harvard University Medical School.
- Dr. Mark Hyman, MD, author and former editor-in-chief of Alternative Therapies in health and Medicine.
- Dr. Berry Sears, PhD, former dietary Research Instructor, Boston University Medical School.
- Dr. Neal Barnard, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine at the George Washington University School of Medicine, and editor-in-chief of the Nutrition Guide for Clinicians.
- Dr. Joel Furman, MD, Research Director of the National Research Foundation.
My education has equipped me with extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Drawing on these skills and my understanding of different dietary theories, I work with clients to help them make lifestyle changes that produce real and lasting results. For example, I have helped clients eliminate or reduce their need for expensive prescription drugs (see Testimonials ). I can help you create a completely personalized “roadmap to health” that suits your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and goals. Are you curious about how health coaching can help you? Let’s talk. Schedule an Initial Consultation with me today.